Dylan Golden Aycock - Guitar Meanderings I

Simple beauty exist in the music and presentation of "Guitar Meanderings I" by Dylan Golden Aycock. This is on the label Cabin Floor Esoterica and is superbly packaged and delivered.
Listening to this makes me feel like a neophyte in the world of cassettes. This is my first Cabin Floor Esoterica acquisition and I am looking at #47 on the marker for their releases. 

Dylan Golden Aycock is venerated with patience in his guitar playing. Nothing seems rushed, the strings are effortlessly played with knowledge of space and resonance. This is exemplified by two tracks on the cassette, "Love, The Lord's Lasso" and "Silver Bough". There is also the use of field recordings to diversify the mix. Almost sounding like live out takes from some point in the astronomical day of Dylan Golden Aycock. This representation can be heard on "Sharp As A Razor/Soft As A Prayor" and  "Untitled III". 

With many guitar playing artists rejuvenating this exquisite genre of sounds, listeners have a vast variety of choices. I have been following this genre for many years and can say Dylan Golden Aycock resonates for me. There is an unhurried wisdom in his style and this settles in a pleasant place between my ears.

I purchased my copy at Tomentosa and there are still a few left. They are sold out at Cabin Floor Esoterica, but Dylan Golden Aycock has some available on his Bandcamp page.


Links